With the recently published Department for Social Development Tenant Participation Strategy & Action Plan, Housing Rights and Supporting Communities have come together to offer an exclusive one-day conference for those interested in delivering on tenant participation.
With an overarching focus on the key themes of the Strategy, the conference will examine both the strategic and operational perspectives relating to leading, supporting and delivering tenant participation. By focussing on best practice examples, delegates will gain valuable insights into building the business case for tenant involvement and the tools by which the principles become practice.
Unpacking the Strategy & looking forward to implementation:
- The role of government; the rationale, resources and regulations.
- Translating tenant participation principles into practice.
Building the business case for tenant participation:
- Measuring impact and evidencing the added value to organisations and service users.
- Assessing the savings and efficiencies resulting from meaningful involvement.
The practical tools needed to support landlords and tenants:
- Examples of success from Northern Ireland and beyond.
- Models of digital inclusion and scrutiny.
- Engaging ‘easy to ignore groups’.
Working with tenants to improve the services you deliver:
- Translating suggestions and recommendations to deliver results
- Models of social enterprise.
Who should attend?
- Social Housing providers
- Residents groups
- Consumer groups
- Advice agencies
- Community workers
- Local Government
10% Discount on all bookings made before 1 March 2016. Normal price Delegates £100 and Tenants £50.
Group discounts available on request for bookings of 10+.