Keadue Community Grants Fund was established by a local family to provide support to local organisations tackling the growing social need in Derry/Londonderry and surrounding rural areas including Limavady, Strabane and Dungiven. The total annual amount available will be £100k per annum, over ten years from 2019 - 2029.
What will it fund?
Organisations and constituted groups which are supporting local people through short and long term crises caused by a range of social factors including issues such as poverty, addiction, and low educational attainment, can apply for a grant. The organisations which support people can also apply for running costs to maintain the support offered to those in crisis and need.
Grant sizes will typically be between £10,000 and £20,000 to be awarded over periods of up to two years.
The fund is open to constituted groups, organisations and small registered charities based in Derry~Londonderry and surrounding rural areas including Strabane, Limavady and Dungiven.
Partnerships are encouraged to apply, with one organisation identified as the lead.
Applicants must have a signed, locally adopted governing document as well as associated paperwork such as accounts, current bank account, management committee, relevant policies, in the name of the applicant organisation.
Grants can be used to fund any of the following activities:
· An existing support programme
· Creation of a new programme
· Staff costs including salaries, core costs and specialist training
· Small scale capital costs including premises refurbishment and the purchase of equipment
· Events and awareness raising activities
· Capacity building activities to address elements of organisational sustainability
· Partnership building activities to strengthen support and impact
· Volunteer costs and associated expenses
How to apply
For further information please contact the Grants Team on 028 9024 5927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fund will be managed by the Community Foundation for Northern Ireland and further details can be found at https://www.communityfoundationni.org/keadue-community-grants-fund
Closing Date Friday 8th March 2019 at 1.00pm