The Micro Grant Programme has been established in recognition and celebration of the contribution of voluntary groups and people to our society and the need for a simple application process for small amounts of funding.
Area: Northern Ireland
Grant Size: Up to £1,000
Priorities: Low capacity groups who have limited access to funding
Who can apply:
You do not have to have a constitution to apply to this fund.
If you’re thinking about a project that does one or more of the following we might be able to help.
- Reduce isolation and vulnerability
- Focus on the positive contribution of people within the community
- Enable active participation of a community in decision-making and addressing of local issues
- Help get people engaged in taking community action where it hasn’t happened before
Examples of the types of activities that may be supported:
- Basic training support materials – books for example
- Interview training
- Travel costs to access relevant training (public transport for up to six months)
- Childcare during employability training (up to six months)
- Access course
The Micro Grants Programme will not support:
- Groups with income over £30,000 per annum
- Trips outside of Northern Ireland
- Individual applications
- Purchase of vehicles
- Running costs of large organisations
- Holiday schemes
- Parties and shopping trips
- Promotion of religion or political activity
- Applications from statutory organisations
The fund is open for applications on a rolling call basis, subject to fund availability.
Should you have any further questions please contact the Grants Team on 02890 245 927 or to read more visit https://www.communityfoundationni.org/micro-grant-programme